Norfolk & Virginia Beach Uncontested Divorce Lawyers

Spouses filing for uncontested divorceDivorce is never an ideal situation to be in, but sometimes two partners can come together and amicably agree on how to divide their assets and part ways. An uncontested divorce may be able to save you a great deal of money, time, and stress. Our attorneys at Garrett Law Group, PLC can help you analyze your situation and decide if an uncontested divorce is the right decision for you and your ex-partner. Call today to get the process for your uncontested divorce started (757) 422-4646. Garrett Law Group, PLC can often complete a Virginia uncontested divorce for as little as a $500 flat fee, plus court costs.

Uncontested divorce attorneys in Virginia Beach & Norfolk

An uncontested divorce differs from a contested divorce in several ways. In an uncontested divorce both parties must agree on all aspects of the divorce. The issues that an uncontested divorce address are the same as a contested divorce including:

If you disagree on any of these aspects, then you must file for a contested divorce. Uncontested divorces are often ideal for parties who do not have minor children, but if you and your ex-spouse agree on all issues regarding your children, you may still be eligible for an uncontested divorce. If you originally agreed on all aspects of the case, and then one party changes their mind, you can switch from an uncontested to a contested divorce at any time.

Once you have filed for an uncontested divorce, you may have to live apart from your former spouse for up to 12 months before your divorce is granted. This waiting period is shortened to six months if you have a written separation agreement in place and no minor children. During your separation period, it may be ideal to have a separation agreement drawn up. A separation agreement defines the specific rights and obligations each individual has during the divorce. A separation agreement helps ensure a smooth uncontested divorce and protects your rights and property throughout the divorce proceedings. Once your waiting period is up, you will appear in court with one witness for a brief hearing, and your divorce will be granted. Throughout the process, our experienced uncontested divorce lawyers will be available to answer questions about your case at any time. We handle a number of uncontested divorce for Norfolk and Virginia Beach residents.

We service Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg, and Yorktown, as well as the surrounding counties of Northampton, Isle of Wight, York, and James City. Contact us today.

Affordable divorce for Virginia Beach & Norfolk residents

An uncontested divorce is a straight forward process, and may save you money, time, stress, and gives you the closure of knowing that the major issues of your divorce are behind you. In a contested divorce, each side must retain separate attorneys resulting in hefty attorney’s fees, and multiple court appearances. An uncontested divorce allows one attorney to work out an agreement with both parties, and typically only requires one court appearance. Our family law attorneys can help you determine if you are eligible for an uncontested divorce, and can provide counsel on the best course of action that helps you move on with your life in the most amicable and peaceful way possible. Contact us online or call (757) 422-4646. We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.